Lucky Day Animal Rescue of Colorado (LDAR) serves the public as a 501c3 tax exempt, non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue of homeless and abandoned animals in Colorado and surrounding areas. We rescue, rehabilitate and find forever homes for animals at risk, regardless of age or breed, issue or amount of time needed that is within our means, in conjunction with providing educational services and spay/neuter programs to the community.
Lucky Day Animal Rescue of Colorado was started in November 2011 by a group of people who love animals and have a deep passion to help them. Our mission is to aid lost, abandoned and suffering animals through rehabilitation, re-homing, education and love.
- We are a nonprofit group.
- We are not supported by taxes. All funding comes from donations from the public, and from fund raising activities. We do not make money from adoption fees. Adoption fees only cover a small portion of our costs to rescue an animal.
- Because we must raise our own funds to operate, we depend upon our community for contributions and for volunteer assistance.
- We are a 501c3 (tax exempt status), so all donations are tax deductible.
- We strongly believe in the importance of spay/neutering of all pets. This is paramount in getting our pet population under control. All of our animals will be spay/neutered before they are adopted unless a health concern prevents this.
- We educate wherever possible about proper care of pets.
- We are a good source for information on pet behavior problems, but do not consider ourselves a replacement for trainers or veterinarians.
- We do our best to help animals in any way that we possibly can.
Lucky Day Animal Rescue Board of Directors:
Rachel Hahn – President
Kelley Brenninger– Vice President
Sarah Lokken – Secretary
Katie Solondz – Treasurer